Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has proven to be a very popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure. It is a non-invasive, convenient way to permanently reduce unwanted facial or body hair. The process takes from several minutes to several hours, depending on the area of the body involved. Laser hair removal uses a low-energy laser. The laser energy passes through the patient’s skin, being absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. A percentage of the follicles are instantaneously and permanently disabled with each treatment. In most cases, no anesthesia is necessary.
- A non-invasive, gentle technique that eliminates undesirable hair from all parts of the body.
- Leaves skin looking smoother and silkier.
- Treats larger areas effectively because it removes more than one hair at a time.
- Minimal discomfort.
- Replaces waxing, electrolysis and razors.
- Immediate return to normal activities.
- An ongoing process that requires multiple sessions.
- Sometimes there is a temporary slight reddening of the skin or localized swelling.
- May have to use specially formulated skin care products, and/or a prescribed skin care regimen. Sunscreen is recommended for any treated areas exposed to the sun.
- Patients with darker pigmentation may not respond well.
- Blonde, white or gray hairs are less responsive to laser treatments and sometimes cannot be treated.