“Once You Get It, You Really Get It.”
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, is the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA to temporarily treat moderate to severe glabellar lines between the brows.
- With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors.
- Approximately 11.8 million BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002.
- 92% of 303 patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX® Cosmetic experience.
What Is the Treatment Process?
The administration of BOTOX® Cosmetic involves:
- No anesthesia is required. However, your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- Your doctor will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
- Approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment.
After the Treatment
- No downtime is needed – you’re ready to get on with your day!
- Your physician will give you specific aftercare instructions.
- Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.